The ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) qualification is a capstone qualification which is the final required module that a candidate must take prior to achieving ITIL Expert Level.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE IT?
The learning outcomes of MALC module are intended to bring a candidate from ITIL content knowledge to ITIL content application and integration knowledge, and to provide skills that can be used in the workplace in a tangible way.
This module is aimed at individuals who are interested in achieving the ITIL Expert Level, for which this module is a key requirement.
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this qualification, candidates can expect to gain competencies in the following:
- Key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Managing services across the service lifecycle
- Governance and organization
- Implementing and improving service management capability.
MANAGING ACROSS THE LIFECYCLE EXAMINATION
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 10 questions per paper
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 70%
- 120 minutes duration
- Closed book.