A holistic approach to problem solving, Six Sigma is a step-by-step process of interventions and statistical tools that allows companies to understand which business processes are not performing as needed, identify root causes of problems, analyze and improve contributing factors, and sustain gain in improvements. Developed in the manufacturing industry and based on several time-tested existing quality measurement theories, Six Sigma is quickly gaining popularity in service industries, due to the breakthrough improvements and cost reduction it provides. Whether your company is large or small, whether it manufactures a product or provides a service to its customers (or a little of both), it can benefit from the tools and techniques of Six Sigma.
Who should attend?
This course is helpful for both individuals and teams. Teams benefit from practicing together with the tools and techniques.
- Department heads
- Operations managers and supervisors
- Business process improvement teams
- Project managers
- Business analysts
You’ll learn to:
- Use Six Sigma tools to achieve breakthroughs in quality and cost reduction
- Reduce or eliminate time-based inefficiencies in transactional processes
- Achieve both bottom-line and “soft” cost savings
- Gain a full understanding of what Six Sigma is and how to implement it through the DMAIC model
- Learn methods to break down your most difficult processes and rebuild them with less variance and waste
- Learn how to integrate Six Sigma with waste elimination, the basis of Lean models
- Communicate the value of your Six Sigma process improvements to gain buy-in from both upper management and staff
- Overcome the barriers to process optimization